23 October 2014
- The Noisy Room – #Ebola – Blood, vomit and diarrhea-soaked hazardous materials piled to the ceiling…;
- Joshuapundit-Cheerleaders, G-d And Civil Disobedience
- The Independent Sentinel – CDC’s Mission: Ban Guns, Promote Bike Lanes, Tell Us What To Eat, Put Helmets On Our Heads
- Simply Jews – Dean Obeidallah on Bill Maher or how to stuff foot in mouth deeper
- VA Right! - Liberals Move from Aids Panic to Ebola Denial
- Rhymes With Right – Houston Mayor Narrows Subpoena – But Appears To Miss The Point
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – MacArthur’s Return!
- The Right Planet – The Strange Silence of Karl Rove
- The Glittering Eye -This Is No Time To Remain Calm
- Nice Deb – Amnesty Begins: Regime Prepares For Millions of New Immigrant IDs
- The Razor – Kick Turkey Out Of NATO
- Bookworm Room – In Idaho, gay marriage is in direct conflict with religious rights under the First Amendment
- Ask Marion – Megyn Kelly Takes On Ward Churchill: How Can You Compare 9/11 Victims to Nazis?
- The MidKnight Review – Obama continues to prep as the coming Leader of the World (??)
- Changing Wind.Org – Climate Change, Democracy, & Slavery
- Blazing Cat Fur – Iran finds another conspiracy: low oil prices
- The Pirate’s Cove – Dildos and Lynchings: Wendy Davis, Kay Hagan Campaigns Go Insane
22 October 2014
Baby killed, seven injured in Jerusalem terror attack is the headline of Jerusalem post article, repeated more or less by other Israeli newspapers ("apparent" was a ToI contribution to the topic). Covers the subject, with or without the politically correct "apparent".
Alan Johnson reports on the AP take of the matter. Here is what he says:
Today, a man drove a vehicle into a group of Israelis in Jerusalem, critically injuring a 3 month old baby, injuring several, then tried to flee the scene An amateur video uploaded to Facebook appears to show the car drive deliberately onto the northbound platform of the light rail station. So how did the Associated Press report this on the wires?Here is how:
To save you a click on the image, the headline says: Israeli police shoot man in east Jerusalem.
To the said hypocrites: Fuck. You. All.
Whatever you think and/or say about the deity of Political Correctness, sometimes it (the deity) gets a sidewise blow from a totally unexpected direction. In this case, from a place very close to being a birthplace of that deity, London School of Economics.
London School of Economics wrote to all students who had successfully gained a place on undergraduate courses a confirmation email entitled ‘Dear Kung-Fu, Panda’.
Unfortunately for the university, nearly 70 per cent of their students come from overseas and a third of those are from Asia.
Apologies galore in the article...
21 October 2014
The article Denmark tries a soft-handed approach to returned Islamist fighters is interesting and educational. Who would have thought that a battle-hardened jihadi, who by mere fact of his survival in the bloody fields of the Middle East, most probably has a lot of blood on his hands, could be brought back to civilization that simply? But here it is:
In other countries, Talha — one of hundreds of young jihadists from the West who has fought in Syria and Iraq — might be barred from return or thrown in jail. But in Denmark, a country that has spawned more foreign fighters per capita than almost anywhere else, the port city of Aarhus is taking a novel approach by rolling out a welcome mat.Why don't others do the same - beats me. But wait, there is more:
In Denmark, not one returned fighter has been locked up. Instead, taking the view that discrimination at home is as criminal as Islamic State recruiting, officials here are providing free psychological counseling while finding returnees jobs and spots in schools and universities.Nothing, but nothing could mellow a murderer on vacation like a teaching position in a university. Indeed, our universities are hopelessly out of date, at least as far as the modern Islamist military and ideological doctrines are concerned. It is time to show these old school decadent Marxists what it is all about...
Some progressives say Aarhus should become a model for other communities in the United States and Europe that are trying to cope with the question of what to do when the jihad generation comes back to town.Absolutely. Hard to beat a nice and friendly homecoming parade. And a free machete, Kalashnikov and a Che T-shirt to every kid!
There is more in that article that easily catches the eye, but it's time to explain the "softly, softly, catchee monkey" in the headline of the post. You see, the history of that saying includes a phrase that matches the article we are discussing here only too well:
If it were not for the depressing heat and the urgency of the work, one could sit down and laugh to tears at the absurdity of the thing, but under the circumstances it is a little “wearing.”Enough. Really enough.
Apparently we too can claim that we have contributed to the ISIS effort (click to embiggen):
20 martyrs-to-be from Israel. Not bad, all things considered. And it is nice to notice that, like most other Jihadis, these ones get to their ISIS jobs via Turkey - the NATO member of good standing. Oh well, it was a side remark. Never mind.
Anyhow, our martyrs come already booby-trapped. Just saying.
20 October 2014
100 years, the Fatso is more ambitious. "120 or die!" - is the new slogan in the motherland of the Juche idea.
Not relying on religion alone, Kim Jong Un warned his doctors that if the desired goal of 120 years is not reached (in due time), he will personally preside over the execution of the whole medical team, their families and pets.
19 October 2014
The following recording may be handy for Naomi Wolf in her relentless quest for Troof. But I can't sit on hot material indefinitely, so watch the recording, but keep in mind that it is classified PG 18 with the following notice (upper case in original): WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT - CONTAINS RAW FOOTAGE.
There are no subtitles, but somebody volunteered a brief description in the comments:
He is saying that there is no palestine in the past and now. And that the hamas needs to bleed to death.That's it. This is all the proof anyone might ever need.
18 October 2014
I wouldn't quote anything, to avoid denying you the pleasure of discovery. Enjoy, but remember - the best parts come at the end of the clip:
Quite a mad bugger, that one, and he is not the only one who believes his rants.
More on Mizanur Rahman aka Abu Baraa.
And a few of his recent tweets:
If Barack Obama gets Ebola - I would not feel sorry for him.
— Mizanur Rahman (@Abu_Baraa1) October 16, 2014
O Allah! Let every torturer and every rapist of Muslims from USA, UK, Asad, Maliki, Hizbullaat, Iran, Peshmurga & PKK contract Ebola.
— Mizanur Rahman (@Abu_Baraa1) October 16, 2014
P.S. Want to bet that he lives on the dole money generously provided by British public?
I must get to the bottom of this mystery.
P.S. Got it here. A meth "manufacturer" died of a drug overdose allegedly caused by methadone-soaked underwear. Well, only two or three tears from me, no more this time.
17 October 2014
Bill Maher's Muslim problem by Dean Obeidallah on CNN.
The main flaw of the article is the deliberate obfuscation of the fact that Bill Maher wasn't a main player in the by now famous "meeting of minds". Sam Harris was - at least as far as reciting statistics concerned. While Maher is indeed a hater of all religions, he is ill equipped intellectually to hold up his end of most arguments. Sam Harris, on the other hand, is much better at this game. The fact that Dean Obeidallah didn't mention his name at all is telling. Granted, Harris is, as Maher, an undiscriminating hater of all religions, but this is neither here nor there, as far as the arguments and facts he presented are concerned.
But back to Obeidallah's attack on Maher.
He said that it is "naive" to think that Islam isn't more violent than other religions and mocked President Obama for commenting that the terror group ISIS was not Islamic.We can split hairs indefinitely on the fine points of theology. ISIS and its supporters consider themselves to be the most Islamic bunch in existence. President Obama, Dean Obeidallah (and even I, if I am allowed to join this team) may think differently, but the horrendous numbers of supporters quoted by Harris and ignored by Obeidallah make the discussion pointless. You can do much better than reading Obeidallah's "analysis" by simply listening to the relevant part of Harris' presentation, but it is educational to check Obeidallah's arguments - they are parroted by too many "defenders of Islam".
To start with, the contention about Islam being more violent than other religions. First of all, every organized religion, Christianity far from being excluded, had its periods of violence, aggression and expansion. People who deny this aren't worth arguing with. Exactly as people who argue that Islamic (or Islamist, if you wish) violence nowadays is a simple matter of an extremist minority, declaring this minority non-Islamic. Clumsy, very clumsy, like in:
Maher then cited a Pew Research poll that he claimed found that 90% of Egyptians supported the death penalty for those who left Islam. I'm not sure where Maher got his numbers, but a 2013 Pew poll actually found only 64% of Egyptians supported this -- still alarmingly high, but not 90%.Yep, Maher as a scientific source is quite pathetic, but how much less horrible is 64% than 90%? You tell me...
Or, for another example of mumbling defense:
Maher also has left out that only 13 Muslim nations have penalties for apostasy, while 34 do not."Only" 13 nations? You don't say!
I'm all for a discussion of the need to reform the laws in certain Muslim countries, especially on issues of rights for women, minority faiths and gays. But painting all Muslims by the most extreme of our faith is wrong.When most of the Islamic world is plagued by violence, when every day Muslims kill, maim, subjugate and terrorize other Muslims, not to mention people of other religions and creeds, when the mere word "democracy" causes some Muslim religious leaders to foam at the mouth, it is somewhat undermining the meek whitewashing attempts, doesn't it?
And to remind you some pretty basic arithmetic: even if the numbers quoted by Harris are inflated, one single percent of Muslim population makes 15 million people... continue from here.
For reference: the recording of the Affleck/Maher/Harris brouhaha. Check it against Obeidallah's "review".
- *First place with 2 1/3 votes!– The Noisy Room – The Brookings Institution and Qatar – The Money, Power and Influence Behind Global Terror
- Second place *t* with 2 votes –VA Right! - 2014 US Senate Race – Analyzing the Polls in Close Races Plus My Prediction!
- Second place *t* with 2 votes –Joshuapundit-The Left’s Latest Big Lie : “Ebola Outbreak Is Due To GOP Cuts”
- Third place *t* with 1 vote –Bookworm Room – This American life lovingly focuses on Jewish wrongs, while ignoring Muslim depredations
- Third place *t* with 1 vote –Rhymes With Right – Wendy Davis Desperately Attacks Abbott’s Disability
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Ask Marion – Famous Ultra-Liberal Claims Obama’s Only Accomplishment is Being Black
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Columbus Day!
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote –Simply Jews – Naomi Wolf and her two sources system
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Independent Sentinel – Rest Assured Your Government Has ISIS Under Control
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote – Nice Deb – Kurdish Female Fighters Holding the Line in Kobani
16 October 2014
- Existing as an essential constituent or characteristic
- In the nature of something though not readily apparent
But according to many, the name itself is a threat to common sense. "Resolve can be a lot of things but I'm not sure I get how it can be 'inherent'," one person tweeted. "Wait, if the operation's resolve is inherent, why does it need to be in the title?" tweeted another. Until recently, even the US military seemed to think it was lame: "It is just kind of bleh," one officer told the Wall Street Journal in early October, when it was being considered as a working title.Of course, the military knows to be coy when required:
"The computer program throws up code words," says Mr James. "But it's important to check that the name doesn't betray the nature of the operation, because you can't go and tell the enemy what the operation is about."No, no, don't let the enemy know what this operation is about. Cause then maybe even friends will get wise to that...
Turkish Hurriyet gives a lesson in subtlety. Starting with a headline:
Obama rallies coalition commanders against ISIL jihadists
So far so good. The first sentence of the article is, however, somewhat less upbeat:
President Barack Obama attempted to rally allied commanders around his emerging strategy to defeat Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) on Oct. 14...And then, if you are patient enough to read the rest, it all goes downhill.
- The Noisy Room – The Brookings Institution and Qatar – The Money, Power and Influence Behind Global Terror
- The Independent Sentinel – Rest Assured Your Government Has ISIS Under Control
- Simply Jews – Naomi Wolf and her two sources system
- Joshuapundit-The Left’s Latest Big Lie : “Ebola Outbreak Is Due To GOP Cuts”
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Columbus Day!
- The Razor – Ebola in America: 2 Weeks In
- The Right Planet – Two Examples of Why I Can’t Do Liberalism
- Rhymes With Right – Wendy Davis Desperately Attacks Abbott’s Disability
- Nice Deb – Kurdish Female Fighters Holding the Line in Kobani
- Bookworm Room – This American life lovingly focuses on Jewish wrongs, while ignoring Muslim depredations
- VA Right! - 2014 US Senate Race – Analyzing the Polls in Close Races Plus My Prediction!
- The Glittering Eye -The Accounting
- Ask Marion – Famous Ultra-Liberal Claims Obama’s Only Accomplishment is Being Black
- MidKnight Review – ObamaCare would be a criminal enterprise in the private sector
- The Pirate’s Cove – Leftists: Abortion On Demand Is Totally About Women’s Health, Ya Know!
- The Gates Of Vienna – The Terror-Funding Roads That Pass Through Qatar
- The Other McCain – Lawyer: Convicted Sex Teacher Has ‘Significant Psychological Issues’