01 May 2011

Tayassuidae for peace

When you ask any person in the Middle East whether she/he is for peace, don't expect a negative answer. What the person really thinks about the matter is another issue, because in general, when considering the possibility of peace, many, if not most, think about swine. The flying swine and probability thereof, I mean.

I cannot say I have witnessed an advent of a flying pig, although I have been almost hit once by a flying pork chop. However, an advent of kosher pigs - peccary - family arriving to the Biblical Zoo in Jerusalem could be a first small step in the right direction.

I don't see how having a kosher pig could be much easier than having a flying one. So, it could very well be that the so long desired peace is nigh.

Details by Lou Wigdor in his post This Is Not a Peccary?...

4 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Well there you go.. Perhaps it is not just a dream that all the childre of Abraham will sit down together in Jerusalem and tuck into some fine peccary ribs in BBQ sauce!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I hope you mean kosher BBQ sauce, Jams ;)

Pisa said...

Pass the BBQ sauce, please. I'm all for peace ;)

Dick Stanley said...

Only if the sauce has no added sugar, thanks.