25 September 2010

Official Obstacle To Peace (OOTP) requires urgent assistance

Since that day when Meryl designated me as OOTP, I can't find a moment of peace. I mean inner peace here, not that other one.

I don't mind the job itself. I mean, it has its glory moments and it looks more and more like a permanent one, where one doesn't have to worry about one's pension rights, one's tenure etc.

However, this OOTP designation - it really sucks. It doesn't want to roll from one's tongue no matter how you turn it around.

So, please, folks - help me come up with something catchy and easy, so I can renegotiate the terms of that deal with Meryl.

Thanks.

6 comments:

Yitzchak Goodman said...

The idea is not to reject the role, but to make it sound more glorious? Glrofication is no problem. Your title could be "Sublimely Radiant Conflict Resolution Facilitation Thwarter" or something of that sort. Of course, that takes a "great deal of pencil," as Owl once said, and you are looking for "catchy and easy." That's the difficulty: "easy" is hard. I'll work on it.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

No, no, glorification is not an issue. After all, how much more glorification can I take?

The issue is to make the acronym palatable.

Yitzchak Goodman said...

Hmmm, palatable acronyms. What about Gloriously Obstructive Obviation Nullifier? That way you are still Der Heilige GOON.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

It's a good one as acronyms go, but where is the Peace?

Yitzchak Goodman said...

<span>where is the Peace?</span>

"Obviation" here means the obviation of conflict. You wouldn't want your acronym to be GOOMP.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yeah, well, I see. It is a tough nut, of course...