15 November 2007

Ham flavor will be kosher! Hallelujah!


Of course, that headline didn't fail in its main purpose - attracting my attention. And now I have two confessions to make: a) I am not, how to say it gently, fervent about kosher and b) my stomach, when in shape (which is most of the time) is able to digest even a heavy-duty airplane tire. But this AP article got me.
Jones Soda Co. to produce limited-edition theme packs for Hanukkah, including Jelly Doughnut, Apple Sauce, Chocolate Coins and Latkes flavored sodas. The Christmas pack will feature such flavors as Sugar Plum, Christmas Tree, Egg Nog and Christmas Ham.
My dear Jews and Christians. Please consider a possibility to co-opt another, additional god (or goddess) to add to the existing one - a god (or goddess) of soft drinks that will smite this abomination of liquid refreshment peddlers.

There must be some limits, I suggest. Imagine a soda drink that tastes like latkes. Or like ham. or... excuse me, I have to run.

0 comments: